One of my favorite dishes to make and eat is the chicken enchilada casserole. It’s super easy and doesn’t take very much prep or time.
You will need:
1 rotisserie chicken
1 double can black beans
1 can Rotel
1 can red enchilada sauce
1 jar of green chili enchilada sauce (or tomatillo sauce)
2 cups shredded cheese
1/2 cup of sour cream
10-12 corn tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Drain the black beans and put them on a low boil while you prep the other ingredients until they get mushy. Stir every once and awhile to keep from burning.
3. Spread some green chili sauce or tomatillo sauce on the bottom of your casserole dish. Then layer 4 tortillas on the bottom.
4. Take the chicken off the bone and shred in a bowl. Add 1 cup of shredded cheese, 1 can Rotel and 1 can of red enchilada sauce. Mix it all up and layer it on top of the tortillas. Layer 3-4 more tortillas on top of that.
5. Beat the black beans and 1/2 cup of sour cream until they reach desired consistency. (I usually leave them a little lumpy.) Put that mixture on top of the tortillas and then layer the remaining tortillas on top of that.
6. Put the rest of the green chili sauce or tomatillo sauce on the top with the remainder of the cheese.
7. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
8. Take out and let cool before serving.
Enjoy the casserole with a nice margarita and a side of guacamole salad! And, as always, let me know how you like it!